hc-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Griess <pgri...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for MIME-encoded header parameters (RFC2231)
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 17:01:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in support for RFC2231 MIME-encoding of header
parameters and values. In perusing through the code for
httpcomponents-core (primarily BasicHeaderValueParser) and javadocs, I
couldn't find any reference to this. Does httpcomponents-core support
this, or is support planned for some future release?

If neither, I have code to contribute, but would love some advice as
to the best way to integrate this as I'm not (yet) familiar with the
code structure and design philosophy of httpcomponents. Would it be
reasonable to create a new HeaderValueParser implementation and wire
it in using the preference architecture?

Thanks in advance,
Peter