hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: review solicited
Date Sat, 02 May 2009 11:14:48 GMT
On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 12:51 +0200, Adrian Cole wrote:
> Hello, Http team.
>
> I created a project jclouds (http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/) whose first
> functionality includes a Map<String,InputStream> view of Amazon S3 buckets.
>  This project uses ApacheHC httpcore-nio heavily.  Here are some notes:
>
> 1.  JClouds has a pluggable architecture for http requests.  httpnio plugin
> is in the module located at extensions/httpnio
> 2.  The Http engine of JClouds implements the
> interface HttpFutureCommandClient.  In this case, it
> is HttpNioConnectionPoolClient
> 3.  The wiring together of httpnio components is handled by Guice modules
> located in packages named 'config'
>
> As this project is pre-alpha, I would like your feedback, if you can spare
> the time.  Even better would be contribution to the effort in whatever means
> you can afford.
>
> Please contact me, if you can help.
>
> Thanks for creating httpcore-nio and having useful samples online.  My
> implementation needs work, but I am happy to have gotten this far without
> bothering you all!
>
> Cheers,
> -Adrian Cole

Hi Adrian,

I am glad you found HttpCore useful. I'll try to find time to review
HTTP related bits of your project and give you some feedback, but please
do not take it as a promise.

Besides, you may want to have a reference to your project added to the
HC web site

http://hc.apache.org/poweredby.html

Cheers

Oleg