hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: You got a new bit of software using HC!
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:02:14 GMT
On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:08:51PM +0200, J?rg Bullmann wrote:
> <http://lipog.sourceforge.net>
>
> Small and experimental! :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Joerg

This looks like a promising project. Keep it up! I am also glad you
found HttpCore useful.

<Off-topic mumbling>
While Servlet API is great and it has contributed a lot to the overall
success of Java, its deployment model can be overkill for some
applications. Besides, as more and more people develop to a particular
web application framework rather than to the Servlet API, they could not
care less what kind of HTTP service API underpins those web application
frameworks. I always thought one day someone could just take a popular
component based web framework such as Wicket or Tapestry and port it to
a simpler, ligther HTTP stack in order to make it easier to deploy a
single web application as a standalone bundle completely eliminating the
WAR deployment model.
</Off-topic mumbling>

Cheers

Oleg

PS: Actually, an OSGi HTTP service based on HttpCore would be a very
contribution to this project.