hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bringing the HttpCilent features up to parity with other libraries / langauges
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:57:41 GMT
James Abley wrote:
> 2009/3/4 Tushar Kapila <tushar.kapila.2@gmail.com>:
>> Will be super to have gzip. I will be here to help with testing and some
>> docs, maybe unit test cases too. Am ok with app level code not really that
>> good with a library.

> Before I get too far into this, just wanted to confirm that I should
> base any changes on trunk and not on a branch? I expect to clone to
> git and make my changes accessible / let others see what's going on.

Trunk. Anyways, you should not need to modify existing classes too much,
if at all. You should be able to add new functionality using existing
plug-in points. Compression should be implemented as a set of protocol
interceptors. Caching can be implemented through a decorator class for
the HttpClient interface.

Oleg