hc-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Berlin <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding JCIP annotations to httpclient (and NIO)
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:15:30 GMT
Annotations are explicitly designed to allow code to continue working
even if the annotation is not present at runtime.  Annotations just
describe arbitrary additional details about code, but do nothing to
inherently change or add logic.  Of course, if there's some code that
looks at annotations and makes decisions based on whether or not the
annotation exists on a variable/class/method/etc, then the annotation
needs to be around -- but then you have a pretty clear reason & need
for keeping the annotation around.

This is partly why annotations are so frickin' cool.

Sam