hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: Newbie troubles....
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:16:04 GMT
Patrick,

Please see http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/examples.html
There is examples for all your questions:

1. see Custom SSL context, see SSLSocketFactory
2. see Form based logon, see UrlEncodedFormEntity
3. Response handling, see HttpResponse, see ResponseHandler and
HttpClient.execute(HttpUriRequest, ResponseHandler)

Also visit the API Doc:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/httpclient/apidocs/index.html

Cheers,

Ortwin

Patrick JUSSEAU wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am pretty new to the http components world but I need to use it for a
> simple case I need to deal with. What I need to do is :
>

> 1 - send a request using https to a remote server with a POST method
> 2- pass parameters to this request (key/value pairs)
> 3 - get a response back and read the response parameters
>
> I tried to read through the examples but I can't find an easy way to do
> this, I feel a little bit lost in the API. Could anyone point me to the
> right direction?
>
> Many thanks!!
>

> Patrick

[web]  http://www.odi.ch/