hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore] HttpCore 4.0 final release is imminent
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:01:58 GMT
Folks

I have finally completed documentation for HttpCore. You can find the
preview of API docs here:

http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-final/doc/site/apidocs/

The HttpCore tutorial can be found here:

[html]
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-final/doc/docbkx/html/
[pdf]
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-final/doc/docbkx/pdf/index.pdf

There have been virtually no major bugs found in HttpCore since the last
release. We have had only two bug fixes in the past 4 months. I
personally think there no longer any reason delaying the final release,
especially given the fact there is now a complete API documentation.

Please review the documents and let me know what you think. Please feel
free to point out areas that need more coverage. Any feedback, comment,
or critique will be hugely appreciated. If I hear no major complaints
about the quality of documentation I will start cutting the official
release packages approximately in a week time.

The same work needs to be done for HttpClient 4.0 at some point of time.
The sooner the documentation for HttpClient is completed the sooner we
can release the final 4.0 version. So, a helping hand would be very,
very, very appreciated.

Oleg