hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make BasicHttpProcessor Lists final?
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 15:00:27 GMT
> sebb wrote:
>
> > On 15/02/2009, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On 15/02/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > >  > sebb wrote:

> > I've committed a fix.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure about the behaviour of copyInterceptors() -
> > previously it would only update the target if the source was non-null.
> > I've changed this to check for size() > 0.
> >
> > However, this means that the target may not be the same as the source
> > - if the source has an empty List, the target List is left untouched.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, this is the same behaviour as before, but was
> > that behaviour correct?
> >

>  This looks wrong.
>

> > It won't affect existing calls to the routine since they always pass
> > in a newly initialised target, whose lists will be empty. But if the
> > (protected) method is used directly, the behaviour may not be what is
> > suggested by the method name.
> >

>  Let's fix it.

OK, I'll clear the target unconditionally.

BTW, I seem to have introduced a bug - or at least I've caused a test to fail:

testGracefulShutdown(org.apache.http.impl.nio.reactor.TestDefaultIOReactorsSSL)
 Time elapsed: 10.781 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<0> but was:<10>

I'll look at that now.