hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Chas Williams" <cha...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpCore NIO extensions -- SessionRequestCallback vs. EventListener?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 01:22:22 GMT
Hello,

             I'm running a high throughput nio http client (essentially a
small webcrawler) through the apache HttpCore NIO extensions -- my code is
based largely off the sample client at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/module-nio/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/nio/NHttpClient.java
.

             I'm modeling my work flow using 'work object' attachments that
are passed around by threads, or sometimes placed in queues (or requested
from the web by the httpcore nio extensions).

             I need to very precisely react to each different kind of
request failure a single time -- but I'm having a difficult time
understanding the difference between SessionRequestCallback and
EventListener. I've looked through the JavaDoc, but can't find guarantees
anywhere of which callback methods are used, when, and why. For example, in
my EventListener object, I've seen calls for connectionTimeout followed by
calls to fatalIOException. Is this intended behavior? Is there somewhere I
can look for a more detailed description of these classes?

Thanks much,

Chas Williams
chasw3@gmail.com