hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Credentials & Connection-Close
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:08:53 GMT
Sorry, I had a bit of troubling grasping the question in my head, so
it didn't come out too clearly.

On the client side, I'd like to send a request that I know will
require credentials.  So I get the HttpClient's credentialsProvider &
set some credentials in it.  I'd also like to open a GET request with
a 'Connection: Close' header, but I know the GET is going to have the
interim credentials exchange.

Will the 'Connection: Close' that's added to the outgoing GET cause a
server to close the connection before the authentication finishes?
(This question is mostly a 'server behavior' question, but I'm not
sure what the correct behavior should be.)

If a properly behaved (or typically behaved) server will close the
connection before the auth finishes, then the next question is: How do
I add the Connection: Close into the subsequent GET that's performed
internally by HttpClient after the auth finishes?  What trick would I
use in an interceptor in order to get the subsequent GET?

Thanks!

Sam