hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient mvn test uses old version of surefire
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:27:36 GMT
> On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 22:28 +0000, sebb wrote:
>  > When I try testing httpclient, it always uses surefire 2.4, rather
>  > than the latest version 2.4.3.
>  >
>  > Is that intentional?
>  >
>  > If not, how does one fix that? I can't see where Maven is told to use
>  > that version rather than the latest.
>  >
>  > I tried deleting all the surefire plugins from the repository, and
>  > httpclient insists on downloading 2.4 even if 2.4.3 is present.
>  >

> Hi Sebastian
>
>  What version of Maven are you using? I am running 2.0.9 and it appears
>  to be pulling the right version of the surefire plugin for me.

I'm using 2.0.8.

Turns out that was part of the problem; updating to 2.0.9 means that
it now uses 2.4.2.

However, building a sample commons project (net2.0) causes surefire
2.4.3 to be used.

This can be seen by using the -X flag.

At least I can now see the classnames in the TEST-*.xml files
(previously it only showed name and time)

>  Have you tried executing 'mvn -cpu test'?

Yes - no difference with 2.0.8.

>  As the last resort you may want to set the desired version explicitly in
>  the pom file.
>
>  Hope this helps

Yes, thanks.

There's obviously still a problem, but it's probably a Maven issue.