hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Lee" <crazy...@crazybob.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore - #setUri method
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 02:52:16 GMT
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Rae Egli <regli@yahoo.com> wrote:

> However, I stand by what I said that the functionality to modify the uri
> and only the uri of a request should be in core.

API compatibility aside, I stand by what I said as well. In general, I favor
immutability. Not that I have a say in the matter, but I'd have to hear more
about your use case before I'd be convinced that this functionality is worth
adding. I'm not sure how useful being able to set the URI only on one
concrete implementation would be. In the cases where I've needed to change
the URI and the cases where the framework itself currently needs to change
the URI, we're handed an HttpUriRequest and can't depend on a single
specific implementation.

Bob