hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Checking if connections are stale with NIO
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:16:54 GMT
When using keep-alive connections, Apache Synapse needs to ensure that a
connection is not just about to be closed after the expiration of the
socket timeout. The HttpConnection.isStale() tells of the expensive -
but guaranteed way to make sure of this, by making a blocking call on
the socket. However, this is not possible when we are non-blocking, and
the NHttpConnectionBase does not do this full check.

Is this something that I have missed, or is this something we still have
to implement?

thanks
asankha