hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore - #setUri method
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 00:18:05 GMT
On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 17:07 -0700, Rae Egli wrote:
> Is there a better or at least alternate way?  It seems obvious that a URI needs to be
modified in a number of circumstances.  Shouldn't this be accomodated within core instead
of a wrapper?

> Rae

Rae,

You have a point, but I do not think this case warrants breaking
compatibility with Android. One can always put together a custom
implementation of HttpRequest with all the additional functionality a
particular application requires. Besides, in many cases one will be much
better off creating a new HttpRequest object instead of modifying
properties of an existing one (especially when proxying requests).

Oleg