hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] 4.0 beta1 soon?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:32:39 GMT
There was an older comment I added to HTTPCLIENT-745 mentioning that a
bunch of classes share variables directly instead of using
setters/getters.  I'll promote that to a full issue on its own.  Other
than that, there's only one more thing i can think of...

While adding keep-alive support, I noticed that code-changes that need
to provide the ClientConnectionManager with more information aren't
possible without API changes.  In the rest of HttpClient's code,
there's usually an HttpContext being passed around that can hold
key/value pairs so things can easily be plugged in without requiring
full-blown API changes.  I can't see any way to do this with
ClientConnectionManager currently.  Maybe there should be some Context
that that uses?  Or share the HttpContext itself?  This will likely
become an issue after an API freeze if there's more data we find
ourselves suddenly wanting.

Sam