hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Hubert, Eric" <eric.hub...@jamba.net>
Subject RE: Possible Causes for "Connection reset by peer" when using NIO
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:51:13 GMT
Hi Asankha,

thanks for your reply as well! Please see my comments below!
> One thing you could analyze is the TCP socket timeout times in the
> different environments..
Hmm, TCP socket timeout should be the same, but I will investigate.
Also our response times are pretty low. Average of 10-15 ms with a
maximum of less than 7 seconds so far (happened only a few time since
three days).

> "nhttp.properties" into the ESB classpath, and add the following line
> into it, you can change the Synapse socket timeout
> "http.socket.timeout=60000" <- this is in ms. Maybe you can do a
similar
> thing with the BEA server..
This brings me to a new idea and I what like to hear what you think
about.
What if I would decrease the value for http.socket.timeout to 20000 for
Synapse, so to be definitely lower than the one on the server side. What
would be the expected result? Would I see another exception, if the
timeout on the Synapse side is reached? Maybe I'm wrong and there are
requests which take longer, even if they are neither listed in our
statistics nor in the http access logs of the Bea server.

Regards,
   Eric