hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: HttpClient 4, I/O exception and
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:57:48 GMT

Martin Zdila wrote:
> I think 100-Continue will not make me sure that no I/O Exception will occur at
> subsequent call :-)

Well, it's a good test that the connection actually still works. The
100-Continue handshake involves a complete request/response roundtrip. So you
are confident that the connection (which possibly comes from a pool) is still
alive. If the handshake fails, you can still re-establish the connection. Then
after the handshake you still have the virgin stream and can send it. This
allows you to retry as often as you want.

Odi

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/