hc-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Zdila <m.zd...@mwaysolutions.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient 4, I/O exception and
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:08:12 GMT
> > i would be happy if we could find out why those "I/O Exception"s are
> > occuring and to fix it.
>
> Most likely this is because the connection timed out on the server side.
> The target server dropped it, but the JVM on the client-side failed to
> detect it. Next time the connection is retrieved from the pool and
> re-used on the client side it blows up an I/O exception. This appears to
> be a local connectivity problem, something I was trying to tell all
> along.

So are those "I/O Exception" absolutely normal and expected actually? Or
should JVM on the client-side be able to detect it?

It would be nice if HttpClient could detect it somehow if it is possible. I
think I had no such problem in HttpClient 3. Or maybe I just didn't notice
that ;-)

--
Martin Zdila
CTO