hc-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Zdila <m.zd...@mwaysolutions.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient 4, I/O exception and
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:30:51 GMT
> > SocketInputStream.socketRead0(FileDescriptor, byte[], int, int, int)
> > line: not available [native method] [local variables unavailable]
>
> The thread is blocked in the socket read operation. ´╗┐This is perfectly
> normal. If you do not want the operation to block indefinitely you
> should set a timeout for it.

But that read operation never ends even if the remote http server is normally
responsive. And this occurs only when I see "I/O exception" in the logs =
when the request is retried.

1. i don't think that "I/O exception" is normal as network connection to
server is perfect
2. if this "I/O exception" occurs the thread should not halt.
3. i can easily reproduce that problem. when i use my post form and wait cca
30 sec then this issue allways appears.

> Have you tried doing the same test without the proxy? It can well be a
> proxy side problem.

There is small misunderstanding. That proxy is my application = webserver
receiving HttpServletRequest and forwarding them through HTTP client :-).

So I think there is bug in HTTP client. I'll try to prepare a testcase ;-)

cu

--
Martin Zdila
CTO