hc-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Zdila <m.zd...@mwaysolutions.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient 4, I/O exception and
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 06:59:35 GMT
Thanks for reply, Oleg.

> This is clearly a bug. I believe it has already been fixed in the SVN
> trunk. Please re-test application with the latest HttpClient snapshot
> and let me know if the problem still persists.

I've upgraded to trunk/SNAPSHOT version of both httpcore and httpclient. The problem is still
there but behaves differently.

When I am doing the POST, the httpclient gets sometimes locked. You can see here the stacktrace
of (dead)locked thread.

SocketInputStream.socketRead0(FileDescriptor, byte[], int, int, int) line: not available [native
method] [local variables unavailable]
SocketInputStream.read(byte[], int, int) line: 129
SocketInputBuffer(AbstractSessionInputBuffer).fillBuffer() line: 103
SocketInputBuffer(AbstractSessionInputBuffer).readLine(CharArrayBuffer) line: 191
DefaultResponseParser.parseHead(SessionInputBuffer) line: 82
DefaultResponseParser(AbstractMessageParser).parse() line: 174
DefaultClientConnection(AbstractHttpClientConnection).receiveResponseHeader() line: 179
DefaultClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader() line: 235
BasicPooledConnAdapter(AbstractClientConnAdapter).receiveResponseHeader() line: 253
HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequest, HttpClientConnection, HttpContext) line:
279
HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequest, HttpClientConnection, HttpContext) line: 121
DefaultClientRequestDirector.execute(HttpHost, HttpRequest, HttpContext) line: 391
DefaultHttpClient(AbstractHttpClient).execute(HttpHost, HttpRequest, HttpContext) line: 538

DefaultHttpClient(AbstractHttpClient).execute(HttpUriRequest, HttpContext) line: 473
DefaultHttpClient(AbstractHttpClient).execute(HttpUriRequest) line: 439

I am using httpclient as part of my proxy. I am forwarding post requests like that:

// httpclient configuration is shown in my first email
HttpServletRequest request;
final HttpPost postMethod = new HttpPost(url);
postMethod.setEntity(new InputStreamEntity(request.getInputStream(), request.getContentLength()));
final HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(postMethod);

I am using http://www.zdila.sk/post.html for testing (via the proxy using httpclient).
What is very interesting is that if open the page and click on submit within few seconds,
then it works correctly.
But if I wait for cca half minute, then the browser gets stuck.

I can do more test fo you if you tell me what do you need (set to debug level?)?

BR
--
Martin Zdila
CTO