hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpClient] Partial support for NTLM in 4.0
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 18:30:25 GMT
Folks,

I added partial support for NTLM authentication to the SVN trunk. The
NTLM will not work out of the box, though. The users will have to
provide a concrete implementation of the interface below by themselves
in order to get NTLM working:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/auth/NTLMEngine.java

I also put together a document that explains why we cannot support NTLM
out of the box and how to build an implementation of the NTLMEngine
based on the JCIFS library

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/NTLM_SUPPORT.txt

Please review and let me know what you think. I would also really
appreciate if someone who speaks English natively could proof-read my
Ruslish.

I personally think this is as good as it gets given the legal
constraints. This still enables us to accept the code developed by Cathy
and simply plug it in at a later stage provided the legal aspects of
shipping a full-blown NTLM engine implementation can be worked out to
the satisfaction of ASF lawyers.

If I hear no complaints I'll also put the NTLM support document on the
project web site and move NTLM FAQ from Wiki.

Cheers

Oleg