hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r655311 - in /httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk: NTLM_SUPPORT.txt RELEASE_NOTES.txt
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 18:11:25 GMT
On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 15:20 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 11/05/2008, olegk@apache.org <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > Author: olegk
> >  Date: Sun May 11 06:01:02 2008
> >  New Revision: 655311

> >  Log:
> >  Added NTLM_SUPPORT.txt document describing steps necessary to NTLM enable Httpclient
> >

> AFAIK, Sun Java includes NTLM code on Windows only (because of licensing issues)
>
> Can HTTPClient use the Sun implementation if present?
> Or must it use an external implementation?

That would be an option. However, I would like to leave it up to
external contributors to provide a solution for. For me the most
important thing is that we some sort of functional NTLM auth scheme, so
we could go on with the development and move toward finalizing the 4.0
API. The JCIFS based stuff is good enough.

Oleg