hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: API review request / HttpException subclass of IOException
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 22:07:47 GMT
>Go ahead and make changes you deem necessary. Probably opening a JIRA
>and attaching a patch for review would be a prudent way forward.
>Meanwhile I'll try my best to make sure you get your commit rights in
>time. If I fail to get hold of Erik, I'll send the account request
>myself.

Willdo, and thanks for the heads-up about the account.

What are people's feelings on the HttpMethod constructors that throw a
URISyntaxException?  ... I hate RuntimeExceptions as much as the next guy,
but what do you think of wrapping the exception in an
IllegalArgumentException?  It's very clear that it's an illegal argument.
URI actually provides a static URI.create method that wraps the
URISyntaxException within an IllegalArgumentException, expecting situations
like this.

Sam