hc-dev mailing list archives

From Cathy L Kegley <ckeg...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: NTLMv2 in Apache HttpClient
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:46:46 GMT
Hi Roland,

If the 3.1 code base doesn't have the support to handle connection-based
authentication states, how does NTLMv1 work?  Is the NTLMv1 implementation
in 3.1 datagram-oriented as opposed to connection-based?

Cathy Kegley

  From:       ossfwot@dubioso.net

  To:         <dev@hc.apache.org>

  Date:       03/06/2008 01:50 AM

  Subject:    Re: NTLMv2 in Apache HttpClient

Hi Cathy,

> who can I work with to make sure my solution is
> something both IBM and Apache are happy with?

at Apache, all design discussions happen on the
public mailing lists. For HC, that is this mailing
list. I understand that you cannot provide code
for review until you've run through your approval
process. But you can still discuss with us on a
non-code level in the public. I will know on which
items I should not comment.

> To give you an idea of my time frame, I hope to
> have a working implementation by the end of May or
> mid-June.  (Unless things go awry.)

I won't have the connection management ready to
handle connection-based authentication state by
then, but we don't have that in the 3.1 codebase
either :-)

cheers,
  Roland