hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] How to create separate projects for httpcore modules in Eclipse?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:48:47 GMT
I was curious about this, so just setup Maven & Subclipse integration,
and everything checked out well.  I have six mvn+svn projects setup in
Eclipse now:

 - httpclient-TRUNK
 - httpcomponents-client-TRUNK
 - httpcomponents-core-TRUNK
 - httpcore-nio-TRUNK
 - httpcore-TRUNK
 - httpmime-TRUNK

(The -TRUNK suffixes are because I set a namespace so the new projects
wouldn't clobber my existing ones.)

Each seems to correctly have the right compiler & whatnot setup.
(That is, httpcore uses 1.3, httpcore-nio uses 1.5, httpclient uses
1.5, httpmime uses 1.5.)

One pain is that the client projects aren't aware of the core projects
(and vice versa), so things like auto-refactoring or viewing
hierarchies gives an incomplete picture.  This also happens when doing
'mvn eclipse:eclipse' and importing the resulting projects, so I
suspect it's just because of the way the poms are setup.

Sam