hc-dev mailing list archives

From Cathy L Kegley <ckeg...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: NTLMv2 in Apache HttpClient
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:37:09 GMT

I would be willing to take on the implementation.  It is function we need
to support for some of our customers and I am currently investigating the
best way to provide it.  I think that if it can be included in the Apache
HttpClient, that would be the best way.

Can you contact the necessary people on the Apache side to ensure that any
implementation I provide, based solely on these specs, could be contributed
to the HttpClient?

Thanks.

Cathy Kegley

Lotus Expeditor Runtime Development
512.838.1229 (T/L: 678.1229)
ckegley@us.ibm.com

  From:       Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>

  To:         HttpComponents Project <dev@hc.apache.org>

  Cc:         Cathy L Kegley/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

  Date:       02/28/2008 01:32 PM

  Subject:    Re: NTLMv2 in Apache HttpClient

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/e/6/ae6e4142-aa58-45c6-8dcf-a657e5900cd3/%5BMS-NLMP%5D.pdf

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/e/6/ae6e4142-aa58-45c6-8dcf-a657e5900cd3/%5BMS-NTHT%5D.pdf

> Does this ease any of the legal implications for Apache?

Yes, this does sound very encouraging, but someone from the legal team
would still have to look at the documents and give us a formal okay. And
we would still need to find a volunteer prepared to take on a "clean
room" implementation of the spec.

Oleg