hc-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: site deployment
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:50:18 GMT
On 10.02.2008, at 21:24, Roland Weber wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
>>> Btw, we really need to change the deployment for the website from
>>> Maven scp to a SVN checkout - this is a) a infra requirement [1]
>>> and b) will make sure that those things don't happen. The only
>>> downside is that we need to keep a copy of the generated stuff in
>>> SVN but that was discussed to length already and we don't really
>>> need to re-hash that.
>>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html
>> Any other opinions and/or takers for that?
>> I'm a bit limited re generating all the sites since I don't have
>> all the deps installed (namely Maven1) but I'm happy to do the
>> checkout on people.a.o as soon as we have all the stuff in SVN...
>
> Is that a requirement for _all_ of the page? Including
> the generated JavaDocs and cross-referenced sources?
> I was hoping we could get away with just the main site,
> and maybe the main part of the 3.x site. Where the real
> content is, as opposed to the stuff generated from the
> source code.

To get the ball rolling again: It'd be nice to have everything in SVN
but if that is impractical then the main site(s) would be enough I
guess.

> My idea was to use Maven 2 for staging to a local
> directory that is in the Subversion tree.

Wouldn't it work to simply build the sites as usual (mvn site:site),
then check in the target directories and pull those onto
people.apache.org? It'd be fine if the different component sites are
not aggregated into a single SVN location, we can pull all that
together when checking it out...

Will try to carve out some time to experiment with all that...

Cheers,
Erik