hc-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3 release
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:56:55 GMT
On 20.02.2008, at 20:55, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client
> 4.0-alpha3. ...
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-alpha/packages/

> ----
>  Vote:  HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3 release
>  [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3.
>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Some notes:

- Checksums and signatures are looking good

- Packages are matching the tag

- Packages have identical content except:
   httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3-src.tar.gz
   /module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/doc-
files/tsccm-structure.png
   vs.
   httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3-src.zip
   /module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/doc-
files/tsccm-structure.png

   Differing on line endings (Unix/Windows); both PNGs are not usable!
   Probably need to fiddle with src/main/assembly/*.xml to fix the
assembly
   process to not touch these binary files while adjusting line endings.
   But certainly NOT a blocker!

- LICENSE/NOTICE/README/RELEASE_NOTES are looking good

- JAR contents are looking good

- Tests & build are fine on Linux but my OS X setup shows one
   failure and several errors (though that's probably due to
something local)

Cheers,
Erik