hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Test failures on Mac OS; was Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3 release
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:46:31 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:
> On 20.02.2008, at 20:55, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>
>> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client
>> 4.0-alpha3. ...
>>
>> Packages:
>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-alpha/packages/

>>  Vote:  HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3 release
>>  [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.0-alpha3.
>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> Some notes:
>
> - Checksums and signatures are looking good
>
> - Packages are matching the tag
>
> - Packages have identical content except:
>   httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3-src.tar.gz
>
> /module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/doc-files/tsccm-structure.png

>   vs.
>   httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3-src.zip
>
> /module-client/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/tsccm/doc-files/tsccm-structure.png

>   Differing on line endings (Unix/Windows); both PNGs are not usable!
>   Probably need to fiddle with src/main/assembly/*.xml to fix the assembly
>   process to not touch these binary files while adjusting line endings.
>   But certainly NOT a blocker!

My bad. I messed up.

> - LICENSE/NOTICE/README/RELEASE_NOTES are looking good
>
> - JAR contents are looking good
>
> - Tests & build are fine on Linux but my OS X setup shows one
>   failure and several errors (though that's probably due to something
> local)

Here we seem to have a real issue. The test failures are easily
reproducible on Mac OS. I just tested the latest HttpClient code on my
wife's Mac Mini. All test cases that make use of the test HTTP server
seem to be failing. I can look into problem no sooner than tomorrow in
the eventing. I promised my wife to stay away from any kind of computer
equipment for the best part of the weekend.

The bug seems to affect the test code only, so this still should not be
a release blocker.

Oleg

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
	at org.apache.http.conn.util.SocketUtils.connect(SocketUtils.java:104)
	at org.apache.http.conn.util.SocketUtils.connect(SocketUtils.java:70)
	at
org.apache.http.conn.PlainSocketFactory.connectSocket(PlainSocketFactory.java:109)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnectionOperator.openConnection(DefaultClientConnectionOperator.java:134)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPoolEntry.open(AbstractPoolEntry.java:149)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.open(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:119)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.ExecReqThread.doOpenConnection(ExecReqThread.java:132)
	at org.apache.http.impl.conn.ExecReqThread.run(ExecReqThread.java:102)
Tests run: 320, Failures: 1, Errors: 10, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 6.972
sec <<< FAILURE!

Results :

Failed tests:
   testParallelRequests(org.apache.http.impl.conn.TestTSCCMWithServer)

Tests in error:

testRequestURIRewritingEmptyPath(org.apache.http.impl.client.TestRequestWrapper)
   testEcho(org.apache.http.impl.conn.TestLocalServer)
   testRandom(org.apache.http.impl.conn.TestLocalServer)

testCookieVersionSupportHeader1(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestCookie2Support)

testSetCookieVersionMix(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestCookie2Support)
   testBasicRedirect302(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)
   testBasicRedirect303(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)
   testBasicRedirect305(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)
   testRejectRelativeRedirect(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)

testRejectBogusRedirectLocation(org.apache.http.client.protocol.TestRedirects)