hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] MIME coded HTTP entity code ready for review
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:45:17 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I haven't had an occasion to look into it yet,
but here are some observations on a general level.

module-httpmime

The name doesn't hit home with me. What's HTTP
about it? How about module-mimeentity, or
module-mimeent to keep the name short?

org.apache.http.client.mime.MultipartFormHttpEntity;

What is "client" about it? AFAIK, WebDAV sends
multipart responses from the server back to the
client, could the code be used for that as well?
Change the package to o.a.h.entity.mime, and maybe
drop the "Form" from the class name? For sake of
consistency, we should also drop the Http from
the class name. In HttpCore, we have StringEntity,
ByteArrayEntity, FileEntity, and InputStreamEntity.
So let's call this one MultipartEntity or MimeEntity.
If there's something in the code that ties the
implementation to the client side, we should work
on that.

cheers,
  Roland