hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] HttpClient 4.0-alpha3 preview packages
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:40:37 GMT

>  On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 19:45 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
>  > Hi Oleg,
>  >
>  > NOTICE looks OK. I was a bit concerned about the packaged
>  > dependencies, but none of them have additional comments
>  > we'd need to add to our own notice.
>  >
>  > The httpmime JAR does not include LICENSE and NOTICE.
>  > httpclient and httpcore both have it.
>  >

> Corrected. Both resources will be included in the JAR.
>

>  > The version for commons-logging is 1.1.1. That's OK from
>  > a packaging point of view, since that is the latest.
>

> Roland, I simply do not know of a way of forcing Maven to pick the
>  latest API compatible version of an artifact at the package time. In the
>  README file version 1.0.3 is stated as the minimal requirement. I hope
>  that is okay with you.
>

>  >  From
>  > an API point of view, we should use and specify 1.0.4, the
>  > API also provided by slf4j. I'm not sure which version of
>  > commons-logging is provided by PAX logging.
>  > I thought I had checked the commons-logging version in
>  > the pom.xml a few months ago and found it to be 1.0.4.
>  > Do you update that for the releases?
>  >

> Sometimes. I never upgraded HttpClient from version 1.0.3 to version
>  1.1, in spite the fact version 1.1 had fixed lots of bugs, simply
>  because 1.1 had a completely insane dependency metadata in POM. Version
>  1.1.1 had addressed the problem and I felt it was safe to upgrade.
>
>  Folks,
>
>  I hear no other complaints I'll proceed with building the official
>  release artifacts.

Looks OK.

It would be nice if there was only one copy of LICENSE and NOTICE per
module, instead of having a copy in the resources/META-INF
directories. I think this can be done with the maven-jar plugin;
Commons Math seems to achieve it. But that can be left for another
day.

Just wondering about the README file - does that need to be included
in the jars now that it has the TSU stuff in it?