hc-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Mail archives
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:26:35 GMT
On 21.12.2007, at 12:56, Roland Weber wrote:

> Hi Odi,
>
>> It looks like the mail archives of the old list has not been
>> copied to
>> the new location. We are listing the following link as the archive
>> location:

I took me a bit but this is also done now, see INFRA-1516 for exact
details.

> I believe that only the apmail archives in tar.gz format are
> merged to the new lists, but not the mbox archives. The tar.gz
> files can be found here: http://hc.apache.org/mail/

Yes, I took care of merging the ezmlm archives and the raw archives
while moving the lists - the mod_mbox archives though needed to be
done by someone else.

To sum up, we now have the following full and identical archives in
ezmlm, hc.apache.org/mail/ and mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/:

commits(x)hc.apache.org
   merged from httpcomponents-commits(x)jakarta.apache.org
   see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-commits/
   going back to Feb 2005

dev(x)hc.apache.org
   merged from httpcomponents-dev(x)jakarta.apache.org
   merged from commons-httpclient-dev(x)jakarta.apache.org
   see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-dev/
   going back to Nov 2002

httpclient-users(x)hc.apache.org
   merged from httpclient-user(x)jakarta.apache.org
   see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hc-httpclient-users/
   going back to Oct 2004

We also have redirects in place to take care of any old URLs like
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpcomponents-
commits/
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpcomponents-dev/
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-
httpclient-dev/
   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/
so these are automatically redirected to the new, merged lists.

The mod_mbox overview page still shows the old lists but I'm taking
care of that too...

> I've tried to add "other archive" links to the 3.1 site, but
> Maven 1 didn't want to show those links in the website. Maybe
> I was just missing the documentation on how to do it right,
> but I removed the links from the project.xml again.
> I've listed the old mailing lists as archive-only links on
> the 3.1 site:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/mail-lists.html

We should probably also list the new commits@ list over there too (?)
and completely remove the links to the two old lists (they're
redirecting to the new ones anyway) - can someone take care of that?

> Something similar should probably be done for the 4.0 site.

I don't think we should replicate the list info on all component
pages - should be enough to have them on the main hc site: http://
hc.apache.org/mail-lists.html (which btw should also be adjusted to
get rid of the links to the old lists, will try to do that soon if no
one beats me to it).

Cheers,
Erik