hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "BoardReports/NextReport" by ErikAbele
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:08:12 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ErikAbele:
http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/BoardReports/NextReport

The comment on the change is:
Report scratchpad moved to private PMC directory

- ## please try to stick to 72 characters per line ......................|
+ deleted

- == February 2008 Board Report ==
-
- === Status ===
-
- ''Summary status, with indication of items needing board attention.''
-
-
- === Releases ===
-
-  * 2008-01-24 HttpCore beta1
-
-
- === Community ===
-
- No arrivals or departures. When the remaining tasks from the
- TLP migration are complete, we should be able to dedicate some
- effort to the improvement of our entry level documentation.
-
- Google Android has been updated from HttpClient 3 to 4.0 alpha.
- That will give the new codebase additional visibility.
-
-
- === Migration ===
-
- Tasks completed:
-  * Infra has created a new Wiki for us:
-    * http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/
-    * moved relevant content from old Wiki to the new one
-    * repointed links on the web page to the new Wiki
-  * approved Project Charter:
-    * http://hc.apache.org/charter.html
-  * drafted Project Bylaws:
-    * http://hc.apache.org/bylaws.html
-
- Tasks to be done:
-
-  * finalize and approve Project Bylaws
-  * deploy website via Subversion
-
-
- === Development ===
-
- HttpCore beta1 has been released. We already have a few minor and
- compatible modifications in the queue for the next beta. We are
- receiving a lot of input for module-nio, both suggestions and
- patches for extensions, from the Limewire developers.
-
- HttpClient alpha3 will be released shortly. A new module has been
- added to provide multipart support based on mime4j from the
- Apache James project. It's dragging in a few additional dependencies,
- but is way better than maintaining duplicate functionality.
- The problem of NTLM support is still open, and augmented by the
- lack of developer cycles. We will probably end up with a solution
- based on the existing code with NTLMv1 support only.
-