hc-dev mailing list archives

From ossf...@dubioso.net
Subject Re: NHttpXXHandler Impl Improvements?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 05:37:18 GMT
Hi Oleg, Sam,

>_Ok, I'm going to tentatively use:
>_
>_ NHttpEntity extends HttpEntity { void finish(); }
>_ ContentConsumingNHttpEntity extends NHttpEntity { consumeContent(..); }
>_ ContentProducingNHttpEntity extends NHttpEntity { produceContent(..); }

This sounds a lot like the Incoming/Outgoing entities
I originally suggested for HttpCore and which were
thrown out because they generated too much problems.
But at the time we also had the distinction between
modifiable and non-modifiable entities. Is that the
reason why the approach should now work for HttpNIO?

>_The names are a bit iffy, but can't think of anything better at the
>_moment.

Drop the "Content" prefix?

cheers,
  Roland