hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] SIP contrib status (was: We already provde limited support for SIP, don't we?)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:22:20 GMT
Roland

I'll take a look soon.... I need to get my head around the SIP
protocol a little first... I guess the other problem is I can't find
any other SIP/SOAP systems to interoperate with!

I'm reading some old documents that propose a special SERVICE verb for
SIP, but since they are out-of-date I'm assuming this hasn't been
implemented a lot.

Paul

On Jan 2, 2008 8:51 AM, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've added some more contrib code for SIP:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/contrib/src/main/java/org/apache/http/contrib/sip/
>
> Note that all this code is completely untested.
> All I can say is that it compiles and doesn't
> generate JavaDoc errors. With that in mind...
>
> It should be possible to send SIP messages with HttpCore.
> Just make sure to pass SipVersion.SIP_2_0 to the constructor
> of the HttpMessage, RequestLine or ResponseLine you create.
> I just fixed the constructor for BasicHttpEntityEnclosingRequest,
> which was still expecting HttpVersion instead of ProtocolVersion.
> If you encounter other instances of this problem, please report
> or fix them.
>
> It should be possible to receive SIP messages with HttpCore.
> Just pass BasicSipLineParser to the constructor when creating
> the HttpMessageParser in the create{Request|Response}Parser
> method of your connection implementation.
>

> Additional contributions like DefaultSip{Client|Server}Connection
> and DefaultNSip{Client|Server}Connection would be welcome.
> Eventually, we might have a DummySipClient and DummySipGateway
> that actually show how this stuff has to be used.
>
> Let me know how/if it works.
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

Paul Fremantle