hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "JavaDocGuidelines" by RolandWeber
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:33:42 GMT
sebb wrote:
> For Java 1.5 and up, one can use Annotations such as:
>
> @ThreadSafe
> @NotThreadSafe
> @GuardedBy
> @Immutable
>
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to start including these where possible?

Makes sense, though I believe these are not JavaDocs?
I have to read up on this stuff one of these days.
(so much to do on that "one of these days"...)

> For 1.4 and earlier, maybe they could be included as comments?
>
> The @GuardedBy annotation is potentially very useful.

I don't mind making the JavaDocs more useful, if that is
what you mean with "as comments". I wouldn't see a point in
comments only visible in the source, like /*@ThreadSafe*/.

cheers,
  Roland