hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [discuss] project charter, bylaws, whatever
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 16:43:57 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:

> What exactly is a Project Charter, what are the Bylaws, and what
> is the relation of the two? If this was a quiz show, I would have
> guessed that the Charter describes the scope, and the Bylaws the
> mode of operations. But maybe the two are one and the same?

My Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary says:

charter: ...
a written statement of the principles and aims of an organization

bylaw: ...(American English)
a law or rule of a club or company

So I'll draft two separate documents, the Charter with our aims
and the Bylaws with our rules. This will take a few week-ends.

cheers,
  Roland