hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject [HttpCore] SIP contrib status (was: We already provde limited support for SIP, don't we?)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:51:07 GMT
Hi all,

I've added some more contrib code for SIP:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/contrib/src/main/java/org/apache/http/contrib/sip/

Note that all this code is completely untested.
All I can say is that it compiles and doesn't
generate JavaDoc errors. With that in mind...

It should be possible to send SIP messages with HttpCore.
Just make sure to pass SipVersion.SIP_2_0 to the constructor
of the HttpMessage, RequestLine or ResponseLine you create.
I just fixed the constructor for BasicHttpEntityEnclosingRequest,
which was still expecting HttpVersion instead of ProtocolVersion.
If you encounter other instances of this problem, please report
or fix them.

It should be possible to receive SIP messages with HttpCore.
Just pass BasicSipLineParser to the constructor when creating
the HttpMessageParser in the create{Request|Response}Parser
method of your connection implementation.

Additional contributions like DefaultSip{Client|Server}Connection
and DefaultNSip{Client|Server}Connection would be welcome.
Eventually, we might have a DummySipClient and DummySipGateway
that actually show how this stuff has to be used.

Let me know how/if it works.

cheers,
  Roland