hc-dev mailing list archives

From ossf...@dubioso.net
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project httpcomponents-client (in module httpcomponents) failed
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:29:46 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

> _Ideally one would like to specify using the latest version of the
> dependency code.

dependency management is the major problem for
Maven2 support in Gump. I've seen discussions
about fake M2 repositories that serve some of
the dependencies with Gump artifacts and others
from a real M2 repo. Don't know how it is actually
handled, and I think there was a change announced
that might be implemented by now. I don't have the
time to dig into this. M2 support is experimental,
we have to live with that or disable Gump builds.
Or find a volunteer to add Ant files for Gump.

Specifying the correct dependency for HttpClient
in the pom.xml is required with or without Gump.
By now, I get used to a few Gump failures every
time we make a release.
The last error was because HttpClient was built
against an older revision of HttpCore. Maybe that
had to do with Gump fallback handling when it
couldn't find an alpha7-SNAPSHOT.

cheers,
  Roland