hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems in Maven build
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:09:19 GMT
On 20/01/2008, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
> > Not sure if this is just me, but when I ran
> >
> > mvn package assembly:assembly
> >
> > a directory tree archive-tmp was created under target.
> >
> > This contains lots of numbered directories and example, main, site and test
> >
> > I would have thought this should be deleted by the script?
>
> But then it wouldn't be able to do incremental assemblies, right?

No idea ;-)

Seems strange that the example, main, site and test trees have no files in them.

Also, I tried redoing the "mvn package assembly:assembly" and it did
not recompile anything, but it did create _another_ 20 numbered
directories.

Looks like it may be something to do with the line-feed processing, as
there seem to be 4 copies of each file, 2 in DOS format and 2 in Unix
format.

I would have though that those should be deleted after creating the archives.

> It doesn't delete the compiled classes either after packaging
> them as a jar.

Indeed not.