hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] HttpCore 4.0-beta1 release packages preview (3nd take)
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:40:22 GMT
> Folks
>
> Please take one last look at the preview packages and the release notes:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-beta1-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0-beta1-preview/packages/
>
> If I hear no complaints, I'll go ahead with cutting the final release
> packages and call for a vote around 13:00 GMT tomorrow.

Sorry, only just noticed that BUILDING.txt mentions:

... (such as NIOSSL) ...
and
module-niossl/target/httpcore-niossl-<VERSION>.jar

Surely NIOSSL is no longer part of the build?

Also Java 1.5 is now required for NIO.

This is not a blocker, but if you do decide to the text it would be
worth stating that Core requires 1.4 and Nio requires 1.5

==

Also the directories etc. include alpha7-SNAPSHOT rather than beta1,
but I assume that will change when the final packages are built.

==

The source archive does not seem to contain everything in SVN. The
following directory trees are missing:

contrib
src
module-main/src/site
module-nio/src/site

I can understand why the contrib directory might be omitted, but the
src/main/assembly files are needed for the creating a distribution
using "mvn package assembly:assembly" as described in BUILDING.txt.

And it would do no harm to include the site files.

In JMeter we include everything (apart from perhaps the DOAP file) in
either the bin or src archives.

==

BTW, there are some missing SVN properties (e.g. eol-style native) on
some of the files in the root directory:

doap, LICENSE, pom

These probably need to be fixed from a Unix account.

Assuming they are LF currently, this won't affect the release
preparation if that is also done on Unix.

==

S///