hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-httpclient Wiki] Update of "BoardReports/NextReport" by RolandWeber
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:29:13 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-httpclient Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by RolandWeber:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/BoardReports/NextReport

The comment on the change is:
filled in community and migration sections

+ ## please try to stick to 72 characters per line ......................|
+
  == January 2008 Board Report ==

  === Status ===
@@ -13, +15 @@

  === Community ===

- ''New committers, pmc persons, asf members and departures.''
+ No arrivals or departures.
+
+ We've made a lot of modifications to the web site to improve navigation
+ and make it easier for users to find the documentation we have on the
+ site and in the Wiki. We still need to add a useful Get Involved page
+ and developer documentation, to lower the bar for new contributors and
+ to spread the knowledge better among the existing committers.

  === Migration ===

- ''Status of the migration. This section will be dropped when the migration is complete.''
+ Since end of December 2007, we no longer depend on Jakarta resources.
+
+ Items done:
+  * moved Subversion content
+    * updated Subversion and mail references in Maven
+    * updated Gump metadata
+  * moved all sections of the web site
+    * setup redirect from the site at Jakarta
+    * updated site references in Maven
+  * moved download area to dist/httpcomponents/
+    * setup redirect from dist/jakarta/
+  * consolidated archive at dist/httpcomponents/
+    * setup redirect from dist/jakarta/
+    * setup redirect from dist/commons/
+  * created DOAPs for HttpCore and HttpClient 4.0
+  * updated DOAP for Commons HttpClient 3.1
+  * updated external mail archives
+    * www.nabble.com
+    * marc.info
+
+ Items still pending:
+  * Move of Wiki, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1442
+  * Creating the bylaws, currently we're still operating under the previous Jakarta-specific
bylaws
+

  === Development ===