hc-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: TLP - first steps
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 17:50:27 GMT
On 08.12.2007, at 17:43, Roland Weber wrote:

> Hello Erik,
>
> what's the status of our TLP migration?

Sorry, I hit some very time-consuming family dilemma and were not
able to act so far, my fault :-(

> I hope we can get the Unix group and Subversion set up until
> christmas (gregorian).

If we can agree on the basics quickly (first and foremost the name of
the subdomain, see below and the last bits of discussion concerning
that) I hope to have the most important bits setup early next week.

> I was planning to start the SVN move on Dec 28, probably
> with the 3.1 stuff which I already moved earlier this year.

I've a hard-stop between 15. and 27. of Dec so I really hope to have
the basics done before that and then, as others are available, the
rest after it - I guess that fits nicely with your schedule too.

> It would be even better if we could have the group and/or
> SVN set up by the end of next week, when our first board
> report is due.

Aye, that was my plan as well - actually I wanted to have that done
by now but, oh well, some things can not be planned unfortunately :(

> It's always good to report some accomplished
> action items :-)

Absolutely.

> I found the JIRA issue for the Quetzalcoatl TLP,
> maybe it's useful as a reference:

Aye, there are a lot of good examples though I already know most of
them so not really a problem of knowledge more of time...

> The board report is being prepared here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/BoardReports/NextReport
> I will fill in the development section,
> next week-end at the latest.

Yep, saw that, thx.

As said, the most important thing is the name of the sub-domain /
unix group / svn / wiki - I'd suggest the following and if that's ok
then we can start:

subdomain:
hc.apache.org (plus alias httpcomponents.a.o which redirects to hc)

unix group:
hc

svn:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/...

wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/general/httpcomponents/
(plus redirect from old http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/)

OR, if we want to use the confluence wiki:
http://cwiki.apache.org/HTTPCOMPONENTS

Mailing-Lists:
see recent discussions

Cheers,