hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] We already provde limited support for SIP, don't we?
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:03:36 GMT
Hehe This is cool. I didn't realize there was any SIP support in HTTPCore.

I'd much rather use this than a servlet model because of the
non-blocking nature.

I'll take a look over the holidays and maybe start in earnest in the new year.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Paul

On Dec 22, 2007 2:39 PM, Roland Weber <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> > There's an ongoing discussion on Axis2 lists regarding an SIP transport
> > for Axis2:
> >
> > http://www.nabble.com/-Axis2--SOAP-over-SIP-td14427627.html
>
> Interesting.
>
> > We already provide limited support for SIP in core, don't we? Is it the
> > same thing we worked on a while ago?
>
> Theoretically - yes. I've refactored the parsing to make sure
> that we can substitute the protocol specification HTTP/1.1
> with SIP/2.0. Unfortunately, I never had the time to verify
> that it works. One of the many things that I thought I could
> take care of between christmases.
>
> With a SipProtocol class and modified parser factories, both
> core-main and core-NIO should be able to send and receive
> SIP messages instead of HTTP messages. The basic framework
> of the o.a.http.protocol package can be re-used too, though
> specific protocol handlers will be required.
>
> Of course there's no way we're going to implement anything
> close to a Siplet container. But the NIO-based transport
> doesn't rely on a Servlet container either, does it? So yes,
> it should be possible to build something on HttpCore.
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair