hc-dev mailing list archives

From David Byrne <davidriby...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] Nearing API freeze
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 04:13:32 GMT
Does the API freeze apply to the HttpClient API also? I've only recently started to use the
library and I'm not entirely clear on how the two are managed in relation to each other. Anyway,
It would be nice to have a setUri in the HttpUriRequest interface. That method is already
in all of the implementing classes, so I would think it's a simple change.

Thanks,
David Byrne

----- Original Message ----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
To: HttpComponents Project <httpcomponents-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:20:59 AM
Subject: [HttpCore] Nearing API freeze

Folks

I am aware only of two issues currently blocking 4.0-beta1:
* HTTPCORE-127, requested by Synapse (almost complete)
* Metrics for I/O reactors, requested by Synapse

If there are no other feature requests that may entail API changes, I
would like to the API freeze and BETA1 release to happen shortly before
the New Year's eve or in the first half of January 2008. So, this is
 the
last opportunity to request major changes in HttpComponents Core.

Is there anything that might require a delay? If not, I think it is
about time we begun maintaining backward compatibility for releases of
the HttpCore 4.x codeline.

Thoughts? Objections?

Evil Comrade Oleg

For additional commands, e-mail: