hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:37:26 GMT
Hi folks,

I moved the HttpClient 3.x code in SVN and made adjustments
for generating the site in the new location. I've deployed
a preview at:

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/

Please have a look and let me know what needs to be changed.
Notable differences to the official site at Jakarta:

- replaced Jakarta logo with HttpComponents logo
  (I copied that manually to the new site location)
- updated History section of welcome page
- updated news for mailing list and website changes
- user guide moved to separate section in navigation
- new section "ASF" in navigation
- dropped developer guide
  (had only links to Jakarta and ASF)
- additional archive links for old mailing list names
- references to SVN updated
  (SVN links, sample code, project definition)
- mailing lists names changed
  (and removed links to old names from historic news)
- JavaDocs reference Java 5.0 instead of Java 1.4.2

The download page still points to the Jakarta dist directory,
obviously. The MultiThreadedExample uses sample URIs pointing
to Jakarta, I'll update those shortly. Then I noticed that
a lot of the SVN tags in the source code like $Header$
or $HeadURL$ seem to be broken. I'll look into that too,
but with lower priority.

cheers,
  Roland