hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: TLP - first steps
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 18:24:45 GMT
Erik Abele wrote:
> Sorry, I hit some very time-consuming family dilemma and were not able
> to act so far, my fault :-(

No need to apologize. Family is always more important.
I had some of that too in the last few weeks.

> I've a hard-stop between 15. and 27. of Dec so I really hope to have the
> basics done before that and then, as others are available, the rest
> after it - I guess that fits nicely with your schedule too.

Yes, that fits well. If the other PMCs are still fine with that,
I can take over the role of PMC chair at the end of next week.

> As said, the most important thing is the name of the sub-domain / unix
> group / svn / wiki - I'd suggest the following and if that's ok then we
> can start:
>
> subdomain:
> hc.apache.org (plus alias httpcomponents.a.o which redirects to hc)
>
> unix group:
> hc
>
> svn:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/...

+1 to all of those.

> wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/httpcomponents/
> (plus redirect from old http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/)

Where does the /general/ come from? The other projects don't
seem to have a similar prefix, if you have a look at the links:
	http://wiki.apache.org/general/
So I suggest
	http://wiki.apache.org/httpcomponents/

> OR, if we want to use the confluence wiki:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/HTTPCOMPONENTS

Hrmpf, yet another Wiki with different markup ;-)
I'm fine with the Wiki we have and it should make the
move easier. But I know that other projects are using
the confluence wiki to generate their websites. If
somebody here would prefer to do that, I won't object.

> Mailing-Lists:
> see recent discussions

To summarize the latest suggestions:

private@hc.a.o         new
httpclient-user@hc.a.o from httpclient-user@j.a.o
dev@hc.a.o             from httpcomponents-dev@j.a.o
commits@hc.a.o         from httpcomponents-commit@j.a.o

I don't see a need for a separate issues@ list,
all issues can be sent to dev@ either directly
or by filing an issue in JIRA.

(from your other mail...)

> my concern is more that you're disappointed, not the board :)

Don't worry. I didn't expect much activity in the short term.
After all, we rushed the TLP proposal a bit. I don't remember
seeing a vote about it on general@j.a.o - nor here ;-)
But as long as we have lazy consensus, that should be fine.

And thanks again for taking care of things... and us :-)

cheers,
  Roland

PS: I'll keep the machine running for a few more hours,
    will check for mails occasionally this evening.