hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] future web site structure
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:05:59 GMT

> On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 17:11 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> > Hi folks,

> > If it wasn't for part 1 above and my mistrust of Maven,
> > I'd clearly opt for the completely mavenized version.
> > But the Jakarta site deployment process, which transfers
> > generated pages to the site via SVN, somehow gives me a
> > better feeling than the Maven style which just copies
> > everything over to the server in a big bunch.
>

> Roland,
>
> I personally prefer to use just one tool for web site authoring. So far
> Maven was good enough and I somehow prefer its wiki like APT format to
> XML.
>
> I could put together a download section and the 'powered by' page
> tomorrow or on the weekend, if nobody objects my doing that in APT.

So long as it is documented how to build and deploy the site ...

I think it would be worth generating the site to a directory structure
which is stored in SVN. Deployment is then trivial, and the site can
readily be bundled into an archive if required.

It works well for the Jakarta and JMeter sites.