hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] The new site is up
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:30:06 GMT
> Folks
>
> I made necessary minimal changes to the existing (dog ugly) web site and
> deployed it on our shiny new domain:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/
>
> Please take an especially close look at the project charter, which I
> hacked together based on the previous one and the TLP resolution. Most
> likely it will need more editing:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/charter.html
>
> The download pages still point at the old dist directory under Jakarta.
> As soon as we agree on the publishing framework for the site and I can
> put together a new download section, migrate the dist directory and
> remove the last remaining references to Jakarta.

May need to be a bit careful with the archive site links to ensure
that it's still possible to find older releases without too much
hassle.

At present archives are to be found in both:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/httpcomponents/commons-httpclient-3.x/
and
http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/httpclient/

There will soon be another archive directory tree...

I'm not sure what the policies are for moving/renaming archives when
projects move; I guess we need to find out at some point.

In the meantime, we could just add another archive link.