hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpCore] Nearing API freeze
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:20:59 GMT
Folks

I am aware only of two issues currently blocking 4.0-beta1:
* HTTPCORE-127, requested by Synapse (almost complete)
* Metrics for I/O reactors, requested by Synapse

If there are no other feature requests that may entail API changes, I
would like to the API freeze and BETA1 release to happen shortly before
the New Year's eve or in the first half of January 2008. So, this is the
last opportunity to request major changes in HttpComponents Core.

Is there anything that might require a delay? If not, I think it is
about time we begun maintaining backward compatibility for releases of
the HttpCore 4.x codeline.

Thoughts? Objections?

Evil Comrade Oleg